Saturday, August 7, 2010

Off to Pitt...

Sunday morning we had breakfast with my Dad's family and then headed to Pittsburgh to see my Mom, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. That night we went to my favorite place there, Dino's, for the best wings ever. Monday we went to see my Grandpa and then hung out at my Aunt and Uncle's pool. It was so hot and humid for the first few weeks we were in the US!

Nolan floating around the pool

Ethan is able to touch in most pools now, which is nice
because he still isn't the strongest swimmer


Apparently, Lydia needed her goggles on her head to stand
outside the pool. I don't think she got in at all until my
Aunt came and carried her around the pool.

Lydia LOVES trampolines! She could jump for hours!


On Tuesday we spent the day at Idlewild Amusement Park. We always try to go when we visit Pittsburgh in the warmer weather because it's a great park for the kids. I was interested to see how Lydia and Nolan would be because last time we were at a park with rides, Nolan freaked out and wouldn't ride anything. They had a blast. Lydia was just barely tall enough for the log ride, so we all went on that first thing and it was smooth sailing from there. My mom and Aunt Glenna took Lydia and Elijah (my cousin, Jeremy's son) to the kiddie area while my cousin, Courtney, Jessie, and I took Ethan, McKennah (Jeremy's daughter), and Nolan on the bigger rides. Nolan even rode the rollercoaster over and over...whew! Later, we all met up at the waterpark part of the park, which we had never been to before. We all had a great day!

McKennah and Ethan at the top of the climbing net

Courtney and Nolan climbing up the net

Elijah

Lydia thought the floating balls were hilarious

Ethan, Courtney, Nolan, and McKennah


Ethan and McKennah
Wednesday, Courtney watched the kids while my Mom, Aunt Glenna, and I did a tour of the wineries in the area. Unfortunately, we forgot to take pictures, but there are some beautiful wineries with some pretty good wine by my mom's house.
Thursday, Courtney and I did some shopping in the morning and then the kids and I headed to my sister's in Cleveland for the night. My Dad and Anna happened to be in Cleveland visiting Jess and Justin for the weekend, so we got to see them again as well. We went to a place called Dewey's for dinner. They have specialty pizzas and the absolute BEST crust I've ever tasted. If you're ever in Cleveland, I highly recommend it!

No comments: