Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last stop...Chicago

Monday morning, we got up and got on the road again. Two more days in the US and we were going to spend them in Chicago with my Dad and Anna. Monday afternoon we went to see Toy Story 3 again. James, my Dad, and Anna had not seen it yet and the kids couldn't have been more excited about it! They sat through it just as well the second time as they did the first! That night we went out to dinner at a Mexican place that just opened up by their house. The whole time we were in the US people were always saying, well, you probably don't want Mexican food. American "Mexican food" is so different from real Mexican food that it's like a whole other cuisine. This place we went to with my Dad and Anna, though, was completely authentic Mexican. It looked like a menu we see here. They even had Mexican beers and Micheladas which James was so excited about. We love the food here, so it was actually a nice surprise to get a little taste of "home." After dinner, James and I met my friend from high school, Jodi, and her husband, Marc, at a restaurant for a couple of drinks and catching up! Jodi had just gotten the Infiniti G37 (James' old car), so we had to go see it...I thought James was going to cry when they dropped us off at our car and drove away. I hate to say it, but that's probably what he misses most about the US (after family and friends, of course)...his car!

On our last day in the US, I spent a lot of time packing our bags and everything we had purchased while we were there. We had 6 suitcases filled to the max. I was really proud of myself, though, because I didn't go over 50 pounds on any of them, but I had 4 that were around the 47 mark!! We did manage to fit in a couple of fun things...Go Bananas (Chuck E. Cheese type place with rides) and dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant.

Lydia riding the My Little Pony

Lydia and Nolan driving the Jeep

Nolan rode this roller coaster about 20 times in a row...he just loved it. I didn't get a picture, but he made friends with this big kid (when I say big, I mean big in all ways). They went together on the coaster so many times and Nolan was smashed in the corner of the seat, but he loved every minute of it! It was really funny.
Wednesday morning, bright and early, we were off to the airport to catch our plane back to Mexico. The trip home went a lot more smoothly, except for the fact that I lost one of my diamond earrings somewhere along the way! I get sick to my stomach everytime I think about it!
The kids looking for our airplane to take us back to Mexico


I was exhausted when we got back to our house! I still can't believe how much we managed to fit in. After a month away, it definitely took me a lot longer to get settled back in, but it is nice to be back! Oh, but the day after we got back, I went to make a run to the grocery store and my car wouldn't start...the battery was dead. Welcome back to reality!

No comments: