When Ethan was younger, I was so good about making him clean up after himself, putting his clothes in the hamper, dishes in the sink, etc. Since having Lydia, I've gotten worse and worse about it. I figured since I was doing things for the little ones, it was just easier to do it for Ethan as well and not have to fight him on it. Then, moving to Mexico and having a maid, I got even lazier. SO, basically, my kids are slobs and it drives me nuts.
When we got back from the US trip, I decided it was time to crackdown on everyone. The toys thing is huge and frustrating, but I'm sticking to my guns. Lydia will start getting reinforcement here when she starts back to school, so I hope it gets better. It's a constant job making sure things are put away before they go play with something else. Both Lydia and Nolan are "dumpers," so cleaning up is no easy task after they've played with it.
I am also having all of them take their plates to the sink and put their clothes in the hamper. Is that too much to ask? That's been going a little better, but I am still having to constantly remind them. I am too stubborn to give up on this now, so I hope they start doing things on their own soon. Any advice would be appreciated!
The Notebook Series: Books Up the Mountain
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment