Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Detroit: round 3

Tuesday night, we were back at James' parents' house in Detroit and James went out to dinner and to see a movie with his brother, Michael. Wednesday, we finally took the kids for haircuts and it was Lydia's first! Her hair is so thin that I wanted to make sure it wasn't too short, but I definitely wanted to mulletish looking thing cut off! She did a great job sitting and letting the girl cut her hair and was happy to get a lollipop at the end!

After haircuts we went to Meadowbrook (my in-law's country club) for some swimming and then James and I went out with some friends from the area that night; Prashant, Trish, and Roger.
Ethan and Nolan in the mushroom pool
Thursday afternoon, Grandpa, Nina, Daddy, and Ethan went golfing. Ethan loves to go golfing and even got to drive the cart. That night, we got a sitter and went out with James' parents to dinner and a movie. It was nice to get a night out with them because, at home, it always seems to be all about the kids and we don't get too much time to catch up.
Driving off the tee

Grandpa and Ethan figuring out the score

Nina, Daddy, and Ethan

Daddy and Ethan

2 comments:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Everyone is so big, Mandy!

I just found an old notepad. On the back in big letters I'd written BRIGGS. I think it was my "feed the dog" reminder when you guys were out of town. :)

Mandy said...

How funny! How's the new house? That breakfast you had this morning sounded yummy! Sounded like something you would get here! Enjoy being back in New Mexico!