Sunday, August 8, 2010

Daddy's in the US!...back to Detroit

After three weeks apart, it was great to see James when we arrived to his parents' house in Detroit! The kids were so excited to see Daddy...they had really missed him. I have to say, it was harder than I thought it was going to be to parent my kids by myself for 3 weeks straight. I don't know how single parents do it. It's just nice to have someone there who knows your kids as well as you do that can help discipline, correct, and just take over when you need a break!

Saturday, we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's again in the afternoon. That evening, James and his Dad took Ethan to a Detroit Tiger's baseball game and Sharon and I got a sitter for the two little ones and went to see a movie. I was so mad that I forgot to send the camera with James, but Ethan had a great time and got a pretty cool hat out of the whole deal.

Sunday, James and I took the kids to play some putt-putt. The place had a racetrack, so James took each of the boys on a ride in the go-cart while Lydia did some jumping on the trampoline.

Nolan and James

Ethan's turn

That afternoon, James' Grandma, Grandpa, and Nona came over for lunch and an early birthday party for the boys. They got some great presents that kept them busy for the rest of the trip!
Lydia needed something to hold onto when she was on Daddy's sholders

Make a wish!

Black Spiderman and Wolverine costumes that Nina got them

Lydia with the Wolverine costume on

Monday, James' mom was nice enough the watch the kids overnight again, so James and I could go to Cleveland and have an adult night with Jess and Justin. We left in the morning, so we could get there and have some time to shop before our night out. Ethan, apparently' had a bubble bath while we were gone...

No comments: