Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Troncones - Day 2

Day 2 in Troncones, we drove into Ixtapa and went to beautiful Ixtapa Island. The beach is perfect for the kids and they had a blast. I think we came home with their weight in sand! Jess, Justin, Ethan, and I went to the other side of the island and rented snorkel gear. Justin and Jess saw lots of fish, but I couldn't get Ethan far enough into the water. When we got out of the water and headed back to the other side, Ethan said, "I hope Aunt Jessie and Uncle Justin will be okay. I hope they don't get eaten by a shark." And, apparently, that is why I couldn't get him to go deeper!


James, Ethan, and Lydia searching for shells
on the beach outside our bungalow...

...while Nolan stands guard our porch

James resting after the shell expedition. Lydia generously
shared her blankie and Minnie Mouse with him.
Jess and Justin on the island

Ixtapa Island

Enjoying the ocean

Pina Coladas on the island

Views of the other side of the island

Me and Ethan in our snorkeling gear

Underwater pictures
The second night we decided to find a place down the beach that we thought was recommended to us. All of us swear we heard Jeff say to go right on the beach (I still need to clarify) and there was a place that served delicious lobster. So, we headed right and it was deserted. We finally saw a place that had some tables on the patio, so we walked around front and saw a sign. James walked onto the porch and asked them if they had lobster. They said yes, so we sat down. They never asked us if we wanted drinks or came to our table before serving us the food. I am pretty sure we went to someone's house and asked them to serve us lobster. Either way, it was good lobster and cheap.
walking down the beach to dinner

Another beautiful sunset

Jessie and Justin at sunset

This dog stayed under James' feet the whole dinner

YUMMO!

No comments: