Sunday, May 1, 2011

Marco Island

We spent one day on Marco Island with James' parents. We went to the private resident beach that was beautiful. The big news of the day...we saw a shark! We were all playing in the water and all of the sudden James, in a very nonchalant voice, says, "Um, Mandy, there's a shark swimming to your right." The shark, about 4 feet long, swam right in between Sharon and I (and I think we had Lydia as well)! There was no fin sticking out of the water, but it was definitely a shark. It swam downshore a little bit, came back our way, and then turned around again and swam along the shoreline. Ethan and I followed it quite a ways before we turned around and came back. I don't know if it was injured or what, but it never bothered anyone. Creepy and cool at the same time.

After the beach, we headed to James' Uncle Mike and Aunt Jeanna's house for a swim and a visit with James' cousin, Sheli, and her kids. We hadn't seen any of them since two Christmases ago, so it was great to catch up with them and James' Uncle and Aunt later at dinner.


The resident beach was not very crowded

Lydia, Ethan, and "Grandpa" walking toward the water


Lydia loves the beach now!


The family playing in the water that was very warm!


Nina and Grandpa brought the kids liquidators.

They had fun shooting each other with them!



Daddy and Lydia playing in the water


The crew that followed the shark along the shoreline


This is the best picture I could get of the shark...

I didn't want to get too close (again)!

All of the shells that were washing up on shore with the waves


After the shark-sighting, we decided to

play on the beach for a little while


James' first attempt at a tan


Lydia and Sophia playing by the pool. They both only

have brothers, so they enjoyed the girl playtime!

No comments: