Monday, May 2, 2011

Cancun - Tulum Ruins

Ever since I bought my Mexico Lonely Planet Guide, I have wanted to go to Tulum. There is a picture on the front of the book that's amazing. So we planned a private tour from our resort to Tulum, saw the ruins and then went ziplining, snorkeling in a cenote, and snorkeling in a lagoon. I was bummed because it happened to be a very cloudy day, so the pictures didn't turn out as great as I would have liked, but the site was beautiful! It was a really great day and now tops Ethan's list of best days ever.


We had to laugh at the Dairy Queen at the parking lot of the ruins

On the train on our way to the ruins site


The entrance





The kids asked if a bear lives in that cave



The Tulum Ruins are right on the Carribbean Sea...

a gorgeous view from many of the buildings

I still cannot get over the colors!




Lydia enjoying the view...the sky actually

looks pretty cool in the bottom picture!






The kids complained the whole time, but

James and I still managed to enjoy the sights









You can see how windy it was by the palm trees!



The beach at Tulum was very small...we all ended up

getting soaked when a wave crashed all the way to the

rocks. Lydia was not very happy about it, but the

boys absolutely loved it.









A real (big) Iguana sitting by the entrance

No comments: