Ethan is a great kid. He really looks after and cares about his brother and sister. He always tries to make sure they are being safe and following directions (sometimes forcefully, but we're working on it). He is a very friendly kid and still has such an innocence about that I absolutely love! He'll talk to anyone and makes friends so easily. Ethan loves to learn and he can sit at the table for hours copying maps or flags or just writing words. His favorite thing to do is play Wii, of course, but he also likes playing legos and superheroes or star wars with his brother. I don't get to do it as often as I would like, but I love spending one on one time with Ethan! 7 years ago, Ethan made us parents for the first time and we are so lucky to have him!
He wanted cupcakes instead of a cake, so, for breakfast on his birthday, we sang Happy Birthday and he ate his cupcake for breakfast.


Ethan's birthday was on a Sunday, so we told him that he could choose something he wanted to do. He chose the amusement park by our house, Bicentinario (the one I've mentioned in past blogs that is about $3 to get in). Since we were doing that for the day, Ethan opened his presents that morning. He was most excited about the globe that we got him (which James does not understand). Ethan has always really loved maps. About a month back, we saw this Globe at Costco and asked for it for his birthday. I have to say that I didn't think it would be the present that he was most excited about when he opened it, but I knew he would like it. I didn't realize that it was all in Spanish, but, for the most part, it is easy to translate and know what the countries are. He also loves his Super Smash brothers game for the Wii!

We told Ethan that he could bring a friend to the park with us if he wanted to. Of course he did and chose his friend DeWitt. We picked DeWitt up and headed off to the park. I think all of the kids had a great time.
Lydia, DeWitt, Ethan, and Nolan
Nolan, Ethan, and DeWitt on the Frog Hopper...Lydia chickened out!
DeWitt and Ethan in the front of one of the rollercoasters
Lydia and Daddy on the rollercoaster
Arms Up!
Daddy, Nolan and Lydia on the train
Ethan and DeWitt at the top of the climbing thing
Lydia climbing too!
DeWitt and Ethan on the Dinosaur ride
Getting Cotton Candy
Lydia was very interested in the guy making the cotton candy
Nolan thought it was super yummy! 
After we got back to our house, Ethan was so excited to show off his globe, "Look DeWitt, I got a globe for my birthday, I really wanted it!" DeWitt looked at it and said, "Why?" Ethan just shrugged, showed him some of the globe, and they went off to play Wii. Like I said, I love Ethan's innocence and that he's not afraid to just say what he feels. He likes what he likes and he doesn't care what people think. I really hope he stays like that, but I'm sure it'll change!

1 comment:
Happy birthday, big kid!!
Post a Comment