Saturday, September 4, 2010

Yep, it's broken

A couple of weeks ago, I was cleaning the pool. When I was at one of the corners, I didn't realize where I was and stepped into the pool with one leg and landed right on my tailbone on the edge of the pool. It was SO painful. It definitely brought tears to my eyes and took my breath away. For a week, I kept thinking it was just sore and it would get better, but even when I would sit up in bed, on our soft matress, my breath would be taken away. I needed to go to the Chiropractor anyway, so I figured he would figure it out. He took x-rays and told me it was broken. He showed me on the x-rays where it used to be and now it's not there...it's now bent into my body. So, of course, there's nothing they can do for it. He put me on calcium supplements, will give me an adjustment once a week, and I have a few restrictions for 4-6 weeks (no lower back exercises, no sitting on hard chairs, no picking up children...yeah right!). It's still pretty painful when I sit or lay on it the wrong way, but at least it's not taking my breath away anymore.

Along the same lines, James has been having such severe neckpain that he has decided he needs to go see the Chiropractor. There have been many times over the last 13 years (especially the last 5 or so) that he's had a problem and I have told him to go see a Chiropractor. He has fought it so hard, but it has gotten that bad. So, Thursday we are going to the Chiropractor, I'll keep you all posted on that.

2 comments:

The Paulk's said...

Oh Mandy, I feel your pain!! You poor thing, I know how painful that is! I hope it gets better (although I know it will hurt for a while) and hopefully James' necks heals too! You guys are a mess :)!

Mandy said...

We are a mess, aren't we? If you add Nolan into the mix, we're even worse off! Thanks, Shelby!!