Monday, September 6, 2010

Fruits and Vegetables

I have a "good deal" blog! I did nothing special to get this deal (e.g. cutting coupons, searching sale ads, etc.) but I still got a good deal. My friend Monica is from India and a vegetarian. She has a Mercado that she visits once every couple of weeks for all of her fruits and vegetables. She took me this Saturday to show me around and I couldn't believe the prices... 7 pesos for a kilo of broccoli ($.25/ pound)! Here's a picture of everything I got. I lost track of how much I ended up spending, but I know it had to be less than $10. I got broccoli, carrots, peppers (red and green), red tomatoes, green tomatoes, jicama, strawberries, peaches, avocado, bananas, kiwi, and more
I am not ready to venture to and through this market by myself yet, but it is definitely a trip I will make again!

1 comment:

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Yum! Eat an avocado for me. Your picture at the pyramids is fabulous.

Hi to James!