Wednesday, May 9, 2012

THE walk up the beach

So the last time we were in Troncones, I wanted to do the walk up the beach to the yoga place for happy hour, but they ended up going right after Nolan stepped on the sea urchin, so I didn't want to leave him.  This time I was determined to do it, so all the girls headed down the beach.  It ended up being the most hilarious event of the weekend.  Terri Lynn and Lynda had done it last time, so they were leading.  I was back with Jess, Chris, and Missy until I saw that we were losing Terri Lynn and Lynda.  We were taking it easy until we realized it was a little further than we thought.  Then the complaining started.  By the time we got to the yoga place Jessie, Chris, and Missy were hysterical talking about how they didn't think they thought they were going to die and how they passed all of the dead animals that didn't make it to the yoga resort, that the walk was as long as a marathon, etc, etc.  We were so loud and obnoxious, but it was so fun.  To sum it all up, this is what Missy put on facebook in response to Terri Lynn saying we would never be allowed in the yoga resort again:

"Well Terri-Lynn not sure why they won't let us back...could be a number of things!! 1) the dirty look the lady got when we arrived for saying it was only a 2 mile walk (think it was a death look at her from like 3 of us) 2) could have been Jess & Chris taking a shower in the bathroom or Jess taking a shower with the door wide open 3) could be that I was threatening to eat your arm or your whole body for that matter along with Mandy 4) could have been we were VERY loud 5) could have been when she is trying to talk to Chris, Mandy, Jess, and Lynda 'politely' about stupid yoga as you and I laughed the whole time!!! 6) or the best yet you guys get to go because Mandy says BUT I'm not invited cuz Mandy said...& that my friend I think is why Mandy will be eaten first!!! Just sayin..... LOL!!!"

It's probably not as funny if you weren't there, but it's a great memory for us who were.


Here we go

Missy and Jess all smiles at the start of the walk

Posing with the "ruta" sign.  Route to where
I have no idea!  The yoga place?



Another picture when Missy, Jess, and Chris were still full of energy

Lynda and Terri Lynn ahead of us


The gross foam that washed up on shore



One of the houses in Troncones that we can retire to



We had lots and lots of rocks we had to climb through!

The first victim of THE walk...a blowfish

We were walking on all shells

Another option for retirement

We were wondering what these large holes were from/ for


I think this one was alive actually

The cuts and grooves on the rocks are so amazing

The largest victim...a poor, dead sea turtle

This one was so close to making it

Poor Mark came to pick us up and had to hear all the drama!

Daquari time: Chris, Jess, me, Lynda, Missy, and Terri Lynn
Missy was so hungry, she threatened to eat Terri Lynn's arm

Good thing we got her a banana!



Crazy ride home with the ladies

Our driver, Mark, with Jessie



Jessie's friend

We thought he needed a new shell

That night we hung out at Lynda and Mark's bungalow.  Another great day!

No comments: