Friday, May 4, 2012

Nevado de Toluca

Since I found out there was a dormant volcano that you can visit, I have been dying to go.  Finally the kids and I were able to go.  We went with my friend Terri Lynn and her daughter, Mya, and Mike and his son, Alex.  It's amazing that, even in April, in Mexico, the Volcano is so high that there are still patches of snow....and it was cold!! 

Nevado de Toluca from a distance

It always surprises me how the vegetation changes in a matter of minutes


The kids ready to start the walk to the top


SNOW!!

The clouds were crazy...moving so fast!


At the top!

There are two crater lakes in the volcano


Me and the kiddos at the top, looking in


Ethan

Lynda and Mark

Mark and Nolan

Our whole group...breathtaking!

The bag of cookies was about to explode!

Alex and Ethan

The walk back down was surprisingly difficult.  The way up, it was hard
to breath, the way down, it was hard to get your footing.


Add caption

No comments: