I always say that Oaxaca was my favorite "city trip" I've taken here in Mexico (back in November 2010 with my Dad and Anna). I loved the city, the artisan villages, all the things to buy! I was so excited to have the opportunity to visit again before we move back the US and this time with a group of some of my favorite people in the world! It didn't disappoint even with three whiney, sick children. I had a few blow ups and my children were not on their best behavior, but I drank a lot of mezcal and got through it ;-)
We left early Saturday morning and arrived early afternoon. After some snacks/ margaritas at the house we rented as a group, we headed into centro to see the sights. It started raining while we were there, but we had a great time and an even better dinner!
 |
Mark and Don (holding Lydia who passed out 5
minutes into our walk in centro) taking a break in
front of the cathedral in the main square. |
 |
| The cathedral |
 |
| There were 18 of us total. 11 adults and 7 kids. |
 |
| I love this! The culture here is so amazing. |
 |
| Nolan, Ryan, Charlotte, and Mya shopping in the street craft market |
 |
| Lydia finally woke up...amazing hair! |
 |
| Tony and Terri Lynn found shelter from the rain |
 |
| All ready for a wedding |
 |
| My favorite....Santo Domingo Church |
 |
| The inside of Santo Domingo |
 |
| Grandma, Ethan, Nolan, Lydia, and Grandpa |
 |
| The lyrical dance show that was happening in the middle of the street. |
 |
| The kids passing the time |
 |
| Just an interesting picture... it's a person weaving of course! |
 |
| Standing inside his gargage can... |
 |
| Beautiful carving around the door of the cathedral |
 |
| The Zocalo (main square)...always a lot going on! |
 |
Making the Mayordoma chocolate. The ladies had to visit this shop and buy
lots of chocolate and mole (not me, of course, but everyone else). |
 |
| Lydia and Ryan waiting for the ladies to finish buying chocolate |
 |
La Casa de la Abuela...delicious mole.
I had the almond one...yummo! |
 |
| Our delicious appetizer |
 |
| Chris loves her mole! |
 |
| A view from dinner of the cathedral all lit up |
 |
I wish this picture would have come out more clear! Ben doing
his magic trick for Lydia...she was obviously impressed! |
No comments:
Post a Comment