Sunday, March 31, 2013

Jerome, Winetasting, and Sunset

The second day in Sedona we headed to Jerome, a ghost town nearby.  It was fun to see the history and  walk around the old mining town.  On the way back to Sedona, we stopped at a couple of wineries and then ate dinner and watched the sun set over the rocks.  

I love when you can see snow-capped mountains in the distance!
Some of the minerals that were mined in Jerome
A view of Jerome from the mine museum and Douglas Mansion
Old mining cars
Mining equipment over a mine shaft

The kids throwing pennines into crazy things like a toilet in an outhouse

The kids and Daddy enjoying an afternoon ice cream
The first winery...I love their logo!
Playing apples to apples at the second tasting room
If you ever read my blog, you know how much I love sunsets.  I love the rocks in Sedona almost as much, so seeing the sunset on the red rocks was heaven!





Lydia loved this flamingo

No comments: