Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Out of Diapers!!

After 7 1/2 years of at least one child in diapers (a year and a half of two in diapers at the same time), we are DIAPER FREE!!! (Well, at least during the day). I have tried a couple times in the last 6 months to potty train Lydia. I am a strong believer in waiting until they're ready and she was finally ready a few weeks ago. We put big girl underwear on and she never had more than two accidents in a day (and that was only in the beginning). There was a hint of a power struggle when I would try to make her go before we left the house, but I soon realized that she knew when she needed to go and making her go when she didn't need to was doing more harm than good.

As much as I wanted to be diaper free, it's bittersweet. It's the last "baby" milestone we'll ever go through. She truely is a little girl now!


No more diapers for Lydia!!

No comments: