Monday, February 28, 2011

Jess and Justin's visit!

Justin only gets a couple of weeks off a year, so we were lucky they chose to come visit us in Mexico for one of them! We were very excited for their visit and we had a lot planned, ending in a visit to the beach!

Saturday (their first full day) we spent the day at the Hot Springs outside of San Miguel:

Jess and Justin in the covered hot springs

James and me


Nolan taking a break from swimming.
Poor guy has to wear the earband because of his tubes.


Ethan standing by the spout. It was turned off and we were
talking about it, wondering when it turns on when it scared
the crap out of us and water came rushing out.

Lydia passing through to another pool inside

Justin taking in the healing power
of the natural hot springs

James going from one pool to another

Nolan walking on the rocks, getting ready to jump
Group picture at the hot springs!
Lydia, Jess, and Ethan.
Testing out my new camera under the water!

Lydia practicing her cheerleading moves with Aunt Jessie

Nolan telling Uncle Justin about his drawings in the book he made
Tuesday we headed to Bernal. I wanted to show them the "big rock," but I also knew they would be up for climbing it (which I've been wanting to do). The views from the top were beautiful.
Pena de Bernal

Jessie and I ready to make the climb

Jessie and Justin taking in the "magic"
(They were actually doing it back to people
that were doing the same thing at the base)

Here they come

We did it!

Jess and Justin at the top
After we climbed the rock, we walked around the
town and were able to see the workshop where
they make thick, wool blankets and rugs
Bernal Centro
Wednesday, I took Jessie and Justin to the pyramids of Teotihuacan. It was nice to be able to walk around without the distraction of the little ones. I actually saw so much more than I did the first time. Justin in front of the Pyramid of the Sun

At the top of the Pyramid of the Sun with the
Pyramid of the Moon in the background
Justin and Jess in front of the Pyramid of the Moon
My dragon friend

Since we drove all that way, I had to take them to La Gruta, the restaurant in a cave:


No comments: