My stepdad, Don, discovered he loves Mexico last year when they came to visit. Because of all the negative publicity, Don was a little nervous about their visit to Queretaro last year. After three weeks here (and a drive across the country to Puerto Vallarta), he realized that there was no reason to be nervous.
Their trip this year was spent enjoying the beautiful weather and completely taking in the culture. He had his camera out capturing every "Mexican moment" he could. Things I am so used to now, were kodak moments for Don. I am so glad that I will have these pictures to remember some of the unique things about Mexico.
Gude, our maid, preparing chile rellanos.
I can't believe that I've never taken a picture of her!
The bike race on the highway
Gude and Lydia are good buds!

Mercado de la Cruz in Queretaro
Walking through a mercado in Mexico is such an experience.
There is so much going on, so many colors, sounds, and scents (not
always pleasant) that you would probably never experience in the US.
Don liked this Bimbo soccer jersey
Chiles, nuts, beans, seasonings, and much more
Bags of snacks
Anyone need a goat?
or a pig head?
You can find just about anything you want at the mercado
No comments:
Post a Comment