We were able to take Nolan to the pre-op room, so I thought we would be able to stay with him until he was "out," but as soon as we got there, they said that they would call us when he was going into surgery. I hated to leave anyway, but then Nolan tried to hop off the table to us, crying, and screaming, "Mommy! Mommy!" Ugh, it was horrible. Needless to say, I walked back to the room in tears.
The surgery is a very simple, routine surgery, so Nolan was back to the room in about an hour and a half. I'll never forget him, being rolled in on the hospital bed, peaking out from under the covers, with his little nose bleeding. They got him into the bed in the room and he was crying and said, "don't leave me again!" Another heartbreaker...that one even got James! Nolan was not a very happy camper, so we brought out the batman toy we bought for him. He was great from there on out. They made us stay in the hospital for a few hours just to make sure everything was okay and he did ask to go home quite a few times, but he played and watched movies until it was time to go.

Sitting in the bed with Daddy after his surgery
Nolan was such a trooper. He is well on his way to recovery and even went back to school the Tuesday after his surgery. His teacher said that she felt like there was a difference already and I've noticed little things too!


No comments:
Post a Comment