Sunday, March 21, 2010

San Miguel de Allende

Last Monday was a holiday in Mexico, so James had off work and the kids had off school. James and I planned a day trip to San Miguel de Allende (without the kids!). San Miguel is about a 45 minute drive from Queretaro it is beautiful!

The first thing we did was get some coffee (Chai Tea for me) and sat down in the square and drank it in peace and quiet. We then did a little shopping in the mercado and walked around the city. There are a lot of retired Americans living in San Miguel and, apparently, it's a popular vacation spot, so we heard a lot of English and a lot of struggling Spanish! It was nice to not be the only ones struggling with the language for a change. For lunch we went to a nice restaurant with yummy margaritas (I haven't had a bad margarita since I've been here!).






on the drive home...I just think the mountains are so cool!

No comments: