Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Highlights from last week

Last week wasn't too interesting, but Monday started out a little rough...

Our garage doors are two doors each that open out. A while ago I had switched sides of the garage because my remote wasn't working well with the doors on that side for some reason. Well, we didn't use the van all weekend and it was parked on that side. When I went to take Lydia to school, of course, only one door opened. I sat there for a while trying to get it to work, but it didn't budge. SO, I decided I was going to try to turn the van around in our tiny garage and go out the side that did work. I realized halfway through that this was not the best idea, but there was no turning back at that point. Long story short, I scratched/ dented the left side of our (new to us) van. I know, around here, it won't be the last time we get a dent or scratch, but it just stinks that it was the first day driving it! Luckily, labor is super cheap around here, so it shouldn't cost too much to fix, but it's still annoying....stupid garage door opener (as Ethan would say!).

To make the day complete, Lydia cried at school, so I had to pick her up early, I couldn't get money out of the ATM, and our sink started leaking, well, gushing water. Nothing huge, just one thing after another. Ethan did have a soccer game after school that day, so I got to go sit at the game and relax a little (Gude watched Lydia and Nolan).

Tuesday I got a new Spanish teacher. I liked my old teacher fine, but this one was SO much better!!! I think I learned more from her in one lesson than I did from the first teacher in 5 times the amount of time! The negative was that I got a call a half hour in that Lydia was crying at school again. I finished my class and went and got her. They said she cried for an hour and 45 minutes. I was so upset and didn't understand what was going on until that night. Lydia barely slept that night and woke up with a fever. I am writing this a week later and she's still sick with some virus!

Wednesday the kids had a half day of school. That morning I made successful deposits at the bank (again, the little things) and then got ready to have friends over that afternoon. We had two families over for pizza and playing.

Thursday the boys got haircuts after school, Ethan started planning for my birthday ("so mom, your birthday's coming up. What should we do for you?"), and JAMES SIGNED HIS VISA!!!! So we should be getting our stuff in the next couple of weeks.

No comments: