Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Grutas de Cacahuamilpa

After spending all day Saturday in Taxco, we got up Sunday morning and headed to the Cacahuamilpa Caves.  It is one of the largest cave systems in the world and it was AMAZING!  Apparently caves are like sunsets for me....I had a million pictures that I tried to narrow down and they just don't do it justice.
The kids jumping and playing before the tour started

A huge tree growing on the side of the cave

The entrance to the cave.  It's over 40 meters
wide and 12 meters tall
Another attempt at a Christmas card picture
Lydia with the cave entrance behind her
I have to give credit where credit is due...a lot of these pictures are from
Ben and Catherine's SLR camera.  My camera, unfortunately, didn't do
the best job capturing the massiveness of the cave!









We walked for about an hour into the cave and
didn't even skim the surface.  They're huge!

Mya, Lydia, and Charlotte held hands most of the way
through the cave...Ethan joined in at the end
Some kind of creature outside of the cave.


No comments: