Friday, September 23, 2011

Troncones

Everyone was off for Independence Day, so we took the opportunity to go back to Troncones with friends. It's the same place we had gone with Jess and Justin in February and loved it! Although some of our friends couldn't make it and we missed them dearly, we had a wonderful, relaxing time hanging out and doing nothing for three days! The only stressful part of my vacation was the discovery of a bat in our bungalow the second night (if you have ever been around me and bats, you know that this is NOT a good thing!) and then a dead bat on the floor the next day. I'm starting to panic even as I write this, but, I handled it pretty well (if I do say so myself!). The place is like no other and even the bats won't keep me away!


There was a torrential downpour the afternoon

we got there (we almost had to swim through

the "lakes" on the dirt road to get there), but the

kids played away all afternoon.


Nolan and Ryan

Alan (Kim's Dad) and Lydia were buddies all weekend


Ali, Sarah, James, and Jeff


Lydia's other new friend....Dulce Estrella (Sweet Star).

Her parents work at the resort


Lydia and Ryan ready for dinner to be served!


Our very long table enjoying freshly caught lobster and fish


There were a couple of HUGE toads that roamed

the property every night. I loved them.

Jeff and the toad



Josee and Sofia getting ready for the fireworks on the beach





Fireworks for Independence Day...Viva Mexico!


Thankfully the kids did a great job sleeping all weekend.

This is what Ethan and Lydia looked like the

first morning...a little downtime with the DS and Ipod
On our porch....what an amazing view to wake up to!




Ethan searching for shells on the beach



"Aunt" Ali and Charlotte


Lydia and Sofia making sand castles


My favorite...the sea urchin shell




James and I relaxing by the pool...what a gorgeous view (the ocean, I mean!)







Ryan, Nolan, Lydia, and Ethan



Ethan, jumping the waves




The mountains were very green this time around

since it was the end of rainy season


Kim and Jeff...the biggest fans of Majahua (the name of the resort)

and the planners of the trip


Josee, her dad and his girlfriend, and Olivier



Dulce and Lydia (before their falling out over the Minnie Mouse toy)


The Sea Turtles waiting to be realeased. My kids are so lucky,

they have gotten to experience a once in a lifetime opportunity twice!

Ethan releasing his sea turtle



Watching the turtles make their way to the water


There they go





Poor Lydia was so tired that she slept through the turtles


The boys enjoying their octopus


Nolan chillin in the pool


Lydia boogie boarding



First the bats, then the snake. They found this in the forest

across the street...I hate snakes as much as bats!




Our pretty little girl




On the last night, we witnessed an amazing sunset. If you've seen any of my beach posts, you know how much I love sunsets! The camera just doesn't every do it justice!






James and Mark having a romantic moment under the palapa

No comments: