Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My first 5K

Since I got back to Queretaro from summer vacation in August, I have been training for a 5K.  My friend, Lolis, inspired me over the summer with her facebook posts, so I started the 5K 101 podcast.  It’s an 8 week program that eases you into running a full 30 minutes.  It took me longer than 8 weeks because of illnesses and travel, but I did it!  I thought the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning would be the perfect time to put my skills to the test.  My only real goal was to run the 5K in under 30 minutes.  I asked James to join me, so we got up Thanksgiving morning (in the 39 degree weather) and ran.  I was so happy to break 30 minutes!  Now on to training for a 10K?  I  think I’ll hold off on that one for a little while!
Before the race...not pretty, but it was freezing!





No comments: