Monday, November 14, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

Two weekends before Thanksgiving, we decorated the house for Christmas.  It was a little early, but we were going to be gone the following two weekends because of Thanksgiving and we wanted to have time to enjoy the decorations.  It was actually good timing because I had gone on the trip to Tlalpujahua the day before to shop for Christmas balls, so I was already in the Christmas spirit!
As soon as James brought out the tree, Lydia said, "CHRISTMAS!"  She was so excited and so were the boys.  It was fun decorating the tree this year.  The kids were a lot of help (sometimes a little too much) and I think I have become less anal about spreading the ornaments out, so, once it was done, it was done!

Lydia's ornament from Tlalpujahua.  She squeezed it a little too hard...

Ethan and Lydia (Ethan insisted on wearing the santa hat!)

Ethan juggling a snowball ornament

Nolan's turn

The finished product!

And this is what it looked like outside while we were putting up the decorations.
 It's a little bit of a disconnect for us, but I'm okay with it!

The stockings

The nativity scene I bought last year on one of our excursions

A purchase from Tlalpajhua

A new addition this year...Elf on the Shelf.  His names is Sno-go (Nolan's idea) and
the kids love looking for him every morning.  This was his hiding place the first night.


Our Mexican Reindeer.  They sell these all over the place and I love them!


No comments: