Sunday, October 10, 2010

Our first Mexican Wedding

One thing I really wanted to do while in Mexico is go to a traditional Mexican Wedding. I was so excited when a girl from James' work, Maricela, invited us to her wedding this past weekend. I've learned that Mexicans like to party, so I was interested to see what the wedding would be like.

James and I ready to go...
The wedding happened to be at the church at the
end of our street which was convenient for us

The bride arriving in a horse-drawn carriage


In the church before the ceremony

The bride walking down the aisle with her mom and dad

This was the most interesting part of the ceremony
because people got up from their seats and went to the
front of the church to take pictures of the bride and groom.
It looked like the paparazzi!
The beautiful tent set up at the Hacienda Hotel
(also very close to our house)

Ray and Julia

Efren and his wife

Mike and Esther

John and Kelly

James and I at the table before dinner (that was served around 11 pm)

The first dessert (before the cake)

The jester on stilts that provided props
and entertaining dancing the whole night!

The cake

Some props: the jester hats and masks came out early!
The dance floor was packed with young and old the whole night!

More props: straw hats and long, orange balloons

Our table. Some of us did get out on the dance
floor after plenty of tequilia!

The singer with a fro wig on and some sweet
70s glasses for the disco portion of the evening

Efren got a straw hat!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

First, love the new family blog pic, even though you're all in State gear ;) Second, the wedding looked like a lot of fun and you looked gorgeous! You and James are so cute together :)

Mandy said...

Thanks Laura! You're too sweet!