Sunday, October 24, 2010

Diwali Party

I have a wonderful friend here who is from India. Everyone talks about her cooking, but I have only had a few samples of different things when I have stopped by her house on occasion. Apparently, every year, she has a big Diwali party. In India, Diwali marks the begining of the Hindu New Year and is a 5 day celebration. Diwali means, "row of lights" and her house was lit up everywhere with lights and candles...beautiful. We had a great time talking with friends and meeting new people, but, the highlight was definitely the food! Monica is an amazing cook and I am already craving some more of her food!!

Gregg, Terrence, James, and Angela in deep discussion

The host, Bharrat, looking like he's trying to help out in the kitchen

The beautiful hostess, Monica, really working hard in the kitchen!

Monica explaining what everything is

A closer look at some of the food (and the gorgeous lamp above the table!!)

Me with Monica

No comments: