**Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining one bit, I am simply answering the question. Most of what makes me busy is completely voluntary, but it's the culture here, and we're trying to meet people, fit in, and be involved.**
Here's a typical week:
Everyday at 7:40 we leave to take the boys to school. Lydia and I get back to the house around 8:10. I leave at 8:45 to drop Lydia off at school and then either head to the gym or head home for my Spanish class. I'm done with that around 10:30/11:00. That's when I have time to run my errands: grocery store, mercado, bank (which I've mentioned before is a big pain in the butt!), doctor appointments, etc, etc. I am usually home just in time to pick Lydia up at 1:00 (or Nolan at 12:15 on Fridays). Sometimes I'll have a half hour/ 45 minute chunk that I can make a phone call or do something around the house. About 4-5 times a month I'll have a meeting for Newcomers (I'm on the board next year), a breakfast with the moms from one of the kid's classes, or something at one of the schools (field trip, presentation, family day, etc.) that takes up most of the morning.
Mondays and Wednesdays
I pick Nolan up after Tae kwon do at 1:30 and rush home to make Ethan's "comida" and get his soccer gear together. I leave at 2:15 to meet Ethan at school so he can eat and get ready for soccer at 3:15. I'm usually home by 3:30, eat "comida" with the little ones, and have a little time before I pick Ethan up at 4:45. We have a couple of hours to do homework, play games, have a snack, and get ready for bed.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
I pick Nolan up at 2:10 at a neighbor lady's house (he LOVES Ms. Claudia's house...they play and do crafts after school). I usually drop Nolan back off at home on my way to pick up Ethan at school at 2:30. We walk home, have "comida" quickly, and then Ethan's Spanish teacher comes from 3:30 to 4:10. Then, all three kids have swim lessons...Ethan and Nolan from 5-6 and Lydia from 5:30-6. I shower them at the gym, put them in their pajamas, and then we head home for a quick snack, homework if it wasn't finished earlier, and bedtime.
On Fridays there are no activities, but a couple times a month there will be a birthday party after school on Friday or on Saturday or Sunday (which are all day events!). Birthday parties are HUGE here and at the ages my kids are, the whole class is invited. There's usually tons of food, lots to do (climbing structure, bouncy, puppet show, face painting, swimming, pinatas, etc), and hours of sitting around listening to people speak Spanish. I can't wait to plan the boys' party (oozing with sarcasm!).
Again, not complaining at all, just letting everyone know how I fill my days here in Mexico!
2 comments:
I think it's fabulous you're embracing the culture as you are. Enjoy!!
It seams like the kids have a lot more responsibility there than they did here. Maybe those mexicans really are crazy..... or perhaps we baby our kids here for a little longer than we need to.......
It's nice that you have so many things for the kids to do. I want to see some Tae Kwon do videos of Nolan. I still remember Ethans.... hilarious.
It also sounds like you are leaving the kids with the maid here and there. How is she? It must be nice to have a little time alone with Ethan on the way home!
I am excited to see how much everyone has grown up when get back. Im sad that I have missed so much, but soon enough I will get a job and be able to come everyone.... maybe Mike will even get to come with me lol!
Post a Comment