Monday, May 10, 2010

Feliz Cumpleanos, James!

Over the weekend we celebrated James' 32nd birthday since his birthday is on a Monday and Mother's Day in Mexico. The boys really wanted to get a pinata to celebrate, so Sharon and I picked up an Iron Man pinata and some super hero squad plates for the cake. The kids (and James) had a blast hitting the pinata and then wearing it when it was broken apart...

The Superheroes...


James and Iron Man





Wearing the parts of the pinata
So we live in the mountains at around 6200 feet which makes for fantastic weather, but not so great baking. I had been putting off attempting to bake at a higher altitude, but James asked for carrot cake for his birthday. I looked up on the internet what I needed to change in the recipe and went to work. It wasn't a total disaster, but the cake did sink in the middle. It's hard to tell in the picture, but, three layers makes for a cake with a huge crater in the middle. At least it still tasted great!

2 comments:

Jenilee said...

looks like that had a great time with that pinata! :) the sunshine looks great compared to our rainy, cold ohio!

LLILLUSTRATION said...

LOVE LYDIA'S HIPPIE DRESS, SOOO HER!