Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lydia the stinker....

I forgot to post about Lydia when we were in Mexico.

My friend, Christy, generously offered to watch her for the three days that we were gone. Little did she (or we) know that Lydia had a few stinker-moves up her sleeve for her visit with the Hart's.

First of all, two days before we left Lydia started getting out of the pack-n-play (ironically at Christy's house). I should be happy because she's the one that's stayed in the longest out of all of our kids, but it was terrible timing. We took care of that with an insect net over the pack-n-play (I came up with that when Ethan got out at 15 months!). So, that didn't end up being the problem, BUT she decided she didn't need clothes or a diaper on while she slept. She's done it before, but here are the emails from Christy while we were in Mexico:

Well, after I sent that e-mail (about Lydia sleeping well and going down for a nap)...Lydia woke up, took her clothes off, pooped and pee'd in the bed on her clothes and blankets...then cried. I had the monitor turned up pretty loud, but didn't hear a thing until she cried out. She's one sneaky little girl!

later that night....titled "your naked daughter":

I just went to check on Lydia and she was sound asleep with her naked butt up in the air. This time she took her pjs and diaper off, then put her pj pants halfway back on (up to her knees) inside out! Unbelievable! I just put her dry (luckily, since I'm out of clean sheets) diaper and pj's back on and she turned back over like it was all completly normal.

I do not know what that girl's obsession is with taking her clothes off! I hope she outgrows it soon (and NEVER regresses!). Anyway, I now tape her diaper for nap and bedtime and that has seemed to help, but she still has her pants off almost every night!

I know she didn't truly know what she was getting herself into, but I really appreciate Christy taking on a 4th kid for 3 days! Not too many people would do that. I am so blessed to have such a great friend!

No comments: