Monday, September 7, 2009

Crappy Nap

This is kind of gross, but I have to give everyone a peek into my daily life...

I was cleaning the basement and heard that Lydia was up from her nap. I asked Ethan to go into her room and keep her company until I was at a stopping point in the basement (it's one of his favorite things to do...he LOVES his little sister). About a minute later I hear Ethan say, "mom, come to Lydia's room, it's an emergency." I was thinking she had climbed out of her crib, but then Ethan said, "there's poop all over her crib." Ethan tends to exaggerate, so I figured a little bit had leaked out of her diaper. Well, he was not exaggerating. I walked in, saw a clean diaper on her floor and poop all over her bedding, crib, and herself. Lydia must have taken her diaper off, pooped and then played in it. It was about the grossest thing I've had to deal with as a parent...I didn't even know where to start. She had it caked on her hands, all over her face (including right by her eyes), and up and down both legs and feet. I managed to get her and her bed all cleaned up, but it was not fun. At least she was nice enough to throw her blankets out of her bed before pooping, so it was somewhat contained! Moral of the story...don't put an 18 month old to bed with no pants on!

2 comments:

A Davis said...

eek! i've heard of some people duck-taping their kids' diapers on...so, ur not the only one who has gone through this. so sorry for u

Laura said...

I'm sooooo sorry it happened while she was on your watch and not James'. Hopefully in hindsight you are finding it a little amusing :) And I thought girls were supposed to be neater!!!