Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nolan's First Day of Preschool

Nolan started preschool this last week. I wasn't sure how he would do, but he was really excited about it. Tuesday morning we went for the meet and greet where he saw his classroom and met his teachers, Mrs. Meyering and Miss Sandra. On school days, we drive around and Mrs. M gets Nolan out of the car. So on Thursday, she got him out of the car and he was ready to go...no tears...and when I came to pick him up, he had a big smile on his face. Mrs. M said that he helped her write his name and that he did great. When I asked him what his favorite part of school was, he said, "pink." I don't really know what that means, but I do know that there was pink paint that day.

Even though Nolan's young (only turned 3 a few weeks ago), I think it'll be great for him to have this school experience. With his speech delay, we haven't really worked on a lot of the academic things, but he'll pick it up quick. His speech has improved so much and he has been doing great with pottying, so I can take a deep breath and relax.

Nolan's ready for his meet and greet

He loves his monkey backpack, he wore it
around the house all the time before school
started.

Nolan walking up to his preschool

Playing cars at school...that's right up
his alley!

Mrs. M reading a book to the kids...this picture
was taken right after Nolan was turning
around (facing all the parents) and picking
his nose...so embarrassing!

Ready, with his backpack, for Mrs. M to
get him out of the car

Mrs. Meyering and Nolan on the first
day of school

No comments: