Friday, June 28, 2013

Gull Lake Triathlon

The weekend after the Ludington Triathlon, Gull Lake was having their triathlon.  Now that I had survived the swim of the olympic race I wanted to have another go at the sprint distance!  Michelle was out of town for the weekend, but Ursula and John stepped in to keep me company!  It's much more fun/ calming to have friends race with you!

This race was so fun!  I was so happy to have a good swim.  I was the second one to the first buoy in my wave (and then people started passing me) and I swam the whole time.  I had my fastest bike and run too and I came in 3rd place in my age group.  

Gull Lake Sprint Stats:
500 meter swim - 10:25
Transition 1 - 2:07
9.94 mile bike - 34:24
Transition 2 - 1:26
3.1 mile run - 26:21 (personal record!)
TOTAL - 1:14:44
3rd out of 10 in the female 35-39 age group


Ursula, John, and me after the race!

No comments: