Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hailstorm in Mexico

I know from when we moved here in February two years ago, that the weather in Queretaro is very weird in that month (they actually do call it Febrero Loco).  Last year we had a beautiful February, but we couldn't be that lucky two years in a row.  We have had lots of rain, it's been cold and last week we had a HUGE hailstorm.  James was traveling to the US for his Grandfather's funeral and the kids were already asleep (thank goodness they slept right through it!).  It was so loud I couldn't hear anything else and I wouldn't walk under the many skylights in our house because I was sure they were going to break.  I did manage to get some pictures when it slowed down and there was even hail balls left on our grass the next morning.  The kids were so excited that it had "snowed" in Mexico.

On the terrace and grass

We have a pretty big terrace and the hail was so strong that it was coming all
the way under the terrace and hitting our doors!

Our hail-covered lawn

What was left in the morning

No comments: