As I've mentioned in past blogs, Lydia is going to school and she (and I) have been so happy with it. We missed school pictures for the boys here, so I was very excited when I found out that Lydia's school was having pictures done! I love the way it turned out:

Here's a picture of Lydia's whole class and teachers. She's the blonde...second from the left on the bottom row:

Last week I got to observe Lydia in the classroom. I took a couple of pictures, but they were through the double-sided mirror, so they are a little dark. It was actually pretty amazing. A dozen 18 month - 2 1/2 year olds diligently working and the room was silent. They would each get an activity, set it up at a table, do it, and then put it away exactly where and how they found it. In the 20 minutes I was observing, Lydia rolled up and carried a rug bigger than her to put it away, pushed in her chair everytime she left the table, put every activity away, and rolled up a smock when she was done with it. I had just noticed that week that she was doing a good job at putting things away at home. Nolan really should have gone to a Montessori school!!!
Doing an activity at her table
Doing an activity on the floor
Later that day, I had a conference with Lydia's teachers. They said that, although it was a long transition, they are very happy with how Lydia's settled into school. They also said that she is very sweet, but when she gets mad, she gets MAD and it's hard to get her out of it (yes, I know this!). They said that she is very smart and will learn Spanish very quickly and that she loves to sing and dance. I asked if she got along with the other kids or if she was bossy and they said that she was a little bossy, but it comes with the age and she's getting better. At least she can be herself at school!

1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I couldn't even believe that was Lydia! She has changed a lot since I saw her last!! SO CUTE, love how her picture turned out! Maybe we should move to Mexico so they can teach my kids how to put their toys away :)!!
Post a Comment