
So everyone knows that soccer is a huge here in Mexico. We are lucky enough to be here and experience the World Cup, Mexican style! The guys all got jerseys and Ethan's been collecting stickers for his World Cup sticker album. It has really gotten him involved and excited about the games! Mexico was playing South Africa in the kickoff game, which made things even more exciting! In fact, Nolan's presentation (previous post) was originally scheduled for the same time as that opening game and they had to reschedule it because they knew no one would be there! They showed the game at school, so the boys got to watch it, and we had people from James' work over for breakfast and the game. It was very fun and I actually am getting into the games! Actually, the last game they played, I didn't have a tv because we were moving and I had to pick the kids up in the middle, so we were driving around and it was the empiest I have ever seen the roads...it was kind of freaky! We ended up at McDonald's to eat and people were crowded around the tv at the back of the restaurant, watching the game. By the way, for those of you who haven't been keeping track, Mexico tied their first game and won the second. Of course, we're all still routing for the US!!
No comments:
Post a Comment