Saturday, April 10, 2010

San Miguel with Mom and Don

Last month James and I went to San Miguel, just the two of us, and loved it, so it is definitely on the list of places to take people when they come visit (especially since it's so close). My mom, Don, the three kids, and I drove the 45 minutes to San Miguel and I tried to show it off.

We stopped at the beautiful lookout point, did some shopping, ate some lunch in the main square visited the beautiful main church in Centro, did some more shopping, and went on the English-speaking Trolley tour. The kids were not as impressed as my mom and Don were, and there were a few major fits, but, all-in-all, it was a pretty good day.


Lydia running around in front of the church, pointing at "buds" (birds), and throwing a fit.


The boys enjoying ice cream before the trolley Our Trolley















A couple of pictures of the church in the main square. Ethan took these pictures...I think we have a little photographer on our hands!
We had an interesting drive home from San Miguel. We saw that the sky looked dark and expected some rain, but we did not expect HAIL. Yep, a huge hailstorm in the middle of MEXICO. It was so bizarre. It was hailing so hard that I had to pull over because I couldn't see. Apparently, it's semi-common here, but it was 80 degrees and hailing! Needless to say, the temperature dropped more than 20 degrees in a matter of minutes. The locals were out taking pictures and having "hailball" fights. Here are a couple of pictures:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is this SNOW?!?! yikes....I thought you'd be free of the icy stuff in Mexico :)
give Nolan a hug ffom Mrs. M and Miss Sandra! :)

Mandy said...

It was hail and melted within an hour, but it was pretty crazy! I'll give Nolan a hug for you guys...I know he misses his old school!