Friday, June 27, 2014

Gull Lake Triathlon

This year "Team Hidden Lake" participated in the Gull Lake Triathlon.  It was so fun to be part of a race with so many people I knew!  We had two winners in the group.  Jack Millmier won in the Male 1-16 Sprint Triathlon and Michelle Kamman won the women's 35-39 Female Sprint Triathlon.  I came in 4th out of 8 (I missed 3rd by one minute!).  I was so bummed because last year I came in third, but never got my medal.  I wanted a medal!  There's always next year!

Here are my stats from the race:
Total Time - 1:19:21.6
Swim (500m) - 11:31.3
Transition 1 - 1:47.0
Bike (10 miles) - 36:19.2
Transition 2 - 1:25.2
Run (5k) - 28:18.9

Definitely slower than last year, but I was happy with my performance after having to deal with the injuries during training! 

"Hidden Lake Triathlon Team" Jack, John, Jason, Me, Elise, Michelle, and Ursula

That night we celebrated our accomplishments at Jason and Kelly's.  We were all tired early, but had a great night reminiscing about the race.

No comments: