Thursday, December 5, 2013

Visit to Cincinnati

Our friends from Mexico, Chris and Rahul, are having a baby in January!  Chris is from Dayton, so her baby shower was there.  Luckily for us, we made other fantastic friends in Mexico that moved back to Cincinnati!  We decided to make it a family affair and spend the weekend with Lynda and Mark.  We drove in Thursday after school making it to Cincinnati before the storm they ended up getting most of the day on Friday.  James was supposed to go to the Kellogg bakery in the area, but, because of the weather, it was canceled.  So, Lynda and our family headed to the Museum Center.  It was great! Four museums in one and a special holiday train exhibit!  I really wish we could have spent more time (the kids LOVED the children's museum!), but it had been snowing all day and we knew the roads were going to be challenging.
Lynda and the kids in the trolley
Lydia and Ethan looking at the train exhibit

Santa was there too!




I'm pretty sure this'll be the last time I'll be able
to talk Ethan into sitting on Santa's lap!
That night Lynda made us margaritas, Mexican snacks, and Chiles en Nogada.  It was so nice to have a little taste of Mexico!  Saturday was Chris' baby shower, so we headed to the Dayton Air Museum in the morning and then Lynda and I headed to the shower.  The museum was pretty amazing and Lynda and I had a great time at the shower too!  


Lynda bought a gingerbread house kit to do with the kids.  They had a blast!


No comments: