Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekend in Chicago and MJ Cirque show

Months ago I saw a commercial for the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show and had to see it.  Since I know my Dad and Anna and Jess love Cirque also, we planned to go this summer.  James' parents watched the kids and James and I headed to Chicago for a much needed adult weekend!  After fighting the lovely Friday afternoon Chicago traffic, we arrived at Jess and Justin's new apartment at the same time as my Dad and Anna.  Justin met us out at dinner and then we all headed to the United Center for the show.  I have to say that I absolutely loved the music (of course!), but there was definitely not enough Cirque.  It was more of a tribute to Michael Jackson than a Cirque show, but it was great!
A picture of my favorite city in the world (from the highway traffic!)

Anna finished her whole meal!  We had to take a pic!

No wine is wasted!

Jess, Justin, and myself at dinner

James, Dad, and Anna

Michael Jackson show!


All of us doing our Michael Jackson poses

A view of the city from the boat
We went out on Justin's friend, Zach's boat for the
afternoon.  Thank you Zach!!


Justin and James taking a dip




We passed a really cool cake shop on the way to Jess and Justin's place

Another great weekend!

Except for poor Nolan who was stung at the pool
while we were gone and his eye puffed up. 


No comments: