The first weekend of August was a local triathlon called the Shermanator. It's a sprint that a lot of people do for their first race. I, along with 8 of my neighbors, were planning on doing the Shermantor together. Unfortunately, I hurt my foot two weeks before and wasn't able to compete. I was so bummed because I thought it would be so fun to do the race with so many people I know. I couldn't keep myself away the morning of the race and had to go to cheer everyone on! It was fun to watch from the sideline, but the whole time I wanted to be in there! The neighborhood had a great showing with everyone finishing and two people, Michelle and Jack, getting first place in their age groups! Later that night, we all got together at the Kamman's house for a celebration.
| Elise leaving for the bike portion |
| Jason coming in from his bike. It was his first race! |
| Michelle coming in from her bike |
| Michelle coming in for a great finish! |
| Ursula on her run |
| The kids named the snapping turtle at the park Turd |
| Chris getting a headstart on Sadie's party decorations... |
| ...with help from the men |
| The finished product |
| Erik on his new banjo and John accompanying on guitar |
| Introducing everyone to three chords and a song |
No comments:
Post a Comment