More fruit picking! This time? Blueberries, raspberries, and cherries! Abby, Jen and I took our kids out to Fennville to stock up on the seasonal fruit. The kids had a great time picking blueberries, but the raspberries were a lot more time consuming and more difficult. Nolan and Lydia gave up very quickly on those! We thought we were done, but Abby and I asked if there were any farms close by with cherries. We were lucky to catch the farm in South Haven in the last week of the season and picked 11 pounds each with the help of the kids. I think cherry picking was the kids' favorite. They were everywhere and came off the tree so easily. And they were delicious!!!
 |
| Abby, Jen, and Lydia picking blueberries |
 |
| Ethan picked so many blueberries! |
 |
| Nolan and Lydia did a great job too! |
 |
My Justin Timberlake pose. I tied the bucket around my waist so I could use both hands. |
 |
| Lydia, Ethan, Abby, Ellie, Caroline, and Sadie picking raspberries |
 |
| Sadie, Ellie, Ethan, and Nolan with our berries |
 |
| Cherry picking! |
 |
| Ellie and Ethan with the buckets on their heads |
 |
| The cherry farm had animals the kids could feed too! |
 |
| Ellie chatting with the alpacas |
 |
| Ethan feeding the goats |
 |
| This guy cracked me up! |
 |
| Lots of fruit to freeze, jam, and eat! |
No comments:
Post a Comment