Monday, June 8, 2009

Spring Update

Well May totally flew by. I really don't even know what has happened since my last post other than life. A couple of things that happened over the last month....

James got the promotion that we had been hoping for. He had been doing his job and his boss' job since December and working his butt off. Luckily, Kellogg's is doing well enough in this economy and James was rewarded for his hard work.

I've been busy selling stuff and now I'm addicted. I had a garage sale with my friend/neighbor Christy and then we did a mom-to-mom sale a couple of weeks later. In between, I sold some stuff on ebay. It's been fun, but a lot of work.

Ethan's had a pretty busy month. He's been enjoying t-ball and has actually become a pretty good little hitter. He's finished his last year of preschool and will be in Kindergarten next year (although at the Montessori school he's been attending). Over the weekend, Ethan started riding his bike without training wheels. It was pretty crazy, James took the training wheels off, started him going, and off he went on the first try. It'll be interesting having Ethan home all the time this summer because he and Nolan constantly fight, but we'll see how it goes. He's pretty scheduled throughout the summer with camps and classes, so he'll be busy.

Nolan's finished with speech for the summer. Next year he'll be in the elementary school for speech once a week. Patty (his current speech teacher) said that she doesn't see him needing speech for all of next year. He's basically doing it for articulation more than anything else. He is a little parrot, repeating everything we say...even when we ask him questions, which is a little annoying, but at least he's talking! My plan is to have him potty trained by the time school starts in September. We'll see what happens. I am not looking forward to it!

Lydia is almost 15 months already. I feel like her life is passing us by way too quickly, but it's not all bad. We're finally getting closer to moving out of the baby stage. Maybe next summer I'll be able to sit and relax a little instead of chasing around a child (or maybe not, but it should be a little easier at least). It truly is amazing how different girls are from boys. Lydia already throws temper tantrums...literally laying on the floor kicking her legs and arms. She knows what she wants and if she doesn't get it, watch out! She is already saying words...thank you is her favorite..."say chu" (they even recognized it at church and commented when I picked her up).

All in all, we've been busy, but with nothing specific. Hopefully I'll get some pics downloaded soon.

No comments: