Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lydia's ONE!!

Well, the day came. My baby girl is one! I can't believe how fast her first year went (it gets faster with each kid). It's such a big day. So many things change and I am realizing all the things I'll never have to do again....have a rear-facing carseat, baby bottles, formula, baby toys... It's weird to know that this is the last time I'll be doing all the baby things. It's sad, but freeing at the same time because I feel like I've been doing the same thing for 5 1/2 years (just with different kids). We are ready for the next stage.

Lydia turned one on Wednesday, March 11th. I had her at the doctor the day before...she had another ear infection and pink eye, so we started antibiotics and eye drops and she was so much better the next morning. I decorated the house for her the night before (although she didn't seem to notice;)). We had a little party with her "friends" that afternoon. She was smiling the whole day and every time someone said Happy Birthday to her, she would giggle and give them a huge smile. It was pretty cute. She did a great job opening her gifts and eating her unfrosted cupcake (I wanted to wait for the frosting for her big party)....

Mommy and Lydia

Lydia and Luke

Opening presents

Lydia's "friends"

Lydia had her 1 year doctor appointment on Friday. She is still very tall and getting thinner by the day. Her height is 31 1/4 which is above the 95th percentile and her weight is 20 pounds, 12 ounces which is in the 45th percentile. I am shocked that Lydia is not walking yet. She's been standing and taking steps for months. She has taken about 10 steps at one time, but crawling is still her way to get around. She is saying a few words now..."mama," "dada," "oh oh," and she sometimes barks when she sees a dog. She really seems to "talk" a lot more than the boys ever did at this age and looks like she's trying to repeat words that we're saying. Hopefully she won't have the same speech trouble as Nolan. It's so much fun having another girl around the house!

Saturday was Lydia's big family party. We had friends and family come in from all over Michigan and my dad and stepmom came in from Florida. She was very cranky for her party, which was upsetting for me, but I think everyone had a fun time. She, again, did great opening her gifts, but by the time cake came around, she wanted nothing to do with it. I stuck her hand in and tried to make her try it and she started screaming. At least she looked cute...

Lydia in her party dress

Opening presents

Taking a couple of steps

Lydia's "smash" cake

"Why are these people singing??"

As far as she got into the cake

After a couple of minutes of Mommy sticking her
hand in the cake and trying to get her to try it
she was not having it!

Everyone else's cake

Nolan enjoying his cupcake

Since Lydia was not into her cake at her birthday party, I saved it and tried it the next day. She absolutely loved it and had a great time with it. I wish it was at her party, but at least I got a good video and great pictures......




2 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Haha... did you read my blog the other day? If not, you really should because evidently great minds think alike:) Anyway, glad to see her party was a success even with the crankiness. It's always hard to plan stuff before knowing how their attitudes will be that day. Loved the video of her digging in. She's just so cute!