Last weekend we went up to visit our friends, Kelly and Todd and their three kids, in Empire, Michigan (by Traverse City). We had so many plans for our JULY trip, but the weather did not cooperate. Saturday morning Kelly and I went shopping while the guys stayed home with the kids. They decided to take the kids to the Sleeping Bear Dunes to walk the dunes and burn some energy. From what I understand, the boys had a great time with Jackson and Connor in the sand and walking up the dunes, but Lydia was not a fan. It was 62 degrees (IN JULY!!), so I think she was a little cold!
James and Todd were supposed to go golfing that afternoon (the first of many plans that didn't work out), but ended up going to the casino instead because the weather was so cold and rainy. They both won a little bit of money and met us out to dinner with no kids!
The Notebook Series: Books Up the Mountain
3 weeks ago










2 comments:
Glad you guys had a good trip! My grandma used to live up there and every year we would tackle the dunes. I can't wait to take my own kids up there now for the fun of them :)
Post a Comment